Friday, February 6, 2009

Tornado hits Nicholson basement!





What trouble could these very innocent looking children possibly get into while I went on a 1/2 hour errand?








Just view the devastation!!!!







This has taken me a while to acknowledge even in my own mind that this happened. Some time during Christmas break, I had to run a quick errand. I asked Spencer to babysit, I said it was only going to be 20 to 30 minutes at the most, just play with the girls I said. Oh how I regret those words. I should have said all of you sit quietly chained to the sofa and watch a show while I am gone! So I run my errand, and get back home, and I see Spencer rushing down stairs with a garbage can. He looked at me, and said mom don't get mad the girls got into the bean bag chair, ( it did have a slight rip in it, and we were preparing to take it to the garage for garbage day), he said, but I am going to clean it all up. Oh, I am thinking, no girls screaming like their being tortured, and Spencer is going to clean up a little mess they made while I was gone. I am thinking, he is really growing up! I ran upstairs to feed my fussy baby. Got Joey to sleep, then ran down to see how things were with my other three darling angel children. What I saw at the foot of the stairs dropped me to my knees. I looked at my girls covered in all these pieces of foam, my vacuum cleaner that had been used to "try" and get it all up was clogged lying on its side, and Spencer holding a kitchen garbage bag, frantically trying to pick up as many pieces as he could. I just sat there, then burst into tears!!!! I still do not know how they did this in so little time....but their 30 minutes of foam fun turned into a three day disaster clean up!!!

9 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow! All that from one beanbag chair? At least you took pictures & now you have a great story to tell for years to come!

LaRae said...

When Spencer & the girls are our ages they're going to say - "remember the time we tore apart the bean bag chair and all that foam filled up the basement?" Definitely not a very pretty sight!

Grant Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grant Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janae said...

oh my...oh my...well, wow! it's amazing to see pictures of this...this is above and beyond the blue chair!

congrats on a 2009 post:)

Janet Patrice said...

Just TODAY my oldest son was playing the X-Box and said, "We need some bean bag chairs for the living room..." I agreed it would be cool. Now, I am completely rethinking that idea!

I NEVER knew so much stuff could come out of ONE bean bag chair! Do you remember the stuff that was in the chairs in our day? The little round staticky things? That would be worse - maybe.

Katie said...

Holy cow, my jaw just dropped open. That is a whole lotta bean bag crap. I don't blame you for crying, I would have too!

Unknown said...

Oh my! That experience was definitely blog worthy! I'm glad it is all cleaned up now and the nightmare is over. I don't think it will ever be forgotten, though.

Micalanne said...

Oh. My. Goodness! At least you got it cleaned up in 3 days. I think I would have resorted to ignoring it for 3 days before I attempted to clean it! :)