Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween 2007






I have to admit, I had so much fun doing these costumes for the girls. Belle was a butterfly fairy, and Rose was a little witch minus the hat. (look for the hat on the jack o latern!) The girls lasted about 20 minutes trick or treating, then Belle's stomach ache made us come back home. Spencer had his first trick or treating without parental units! He had a really good time trick or treating with his good buddies Ryan and Jake. They went to the "rich" neighborhood to trick or treat because there was a rumor of king sized candy bars, and ipod giveaways! They found the king sized candy bars, but alas could not find the generous halloweeners giving away ipods!

9 comments:

Katie said...

No ipods on Halloween? Outrageous! Loving the picture of Belle by herself, with the look of "enough pictures, lets go" with go turned into 2 syllables!

Janae said...

Cute costumes! The witch costume turned out cute and I like the hat on the pumpkin:) shucks on missing those ipods;)

LaRae said...

The kids look great! Rose's hair has gotten a lot longer. She looks so cute in her witch costume!

Janet Patrice said...

cute kids! My kids do enjoy the no parental units as well - they are pretty big, so it is not a big deal - but then they do say, "Hey aren't you coming with us...?" and we all end up together - which is most fun!

Anonymous said...

Dawnae, did you make those costumes? They are really cute! Where's the picture of you in your costume? Congratulations, Spencer, for making the move toward independence (sorry, Dawnae, it has to happen sooner or later).

dawnae said...

yes, Judy I did, I sewed those costumes myself!!!! it was a lot of fun tho!!!! Girls costumes are so much more fun than boys!!! I get to be lots more creative! It was very hard to let Spencer go without grown ups. I am just so glad that they were responsible good kids that all got home safely! Whew...it is stressful with these teen age years coming up! Janet you are so lucky they want you guys to come with them. Yes Katie, my three yr old already had "tude"! Man am i in trouble! Janae guess I still have the bee costume. Maybe the new baby can wear it next year!

Janae said...

Dawnae, I wonder if anyone else will catch on to this, the new baby wearing the bee costume? Very cute but, I think that new baby deserves a new post:)

Maine Mom said...

Looks like a fun Halloween at your place!...except for Belle's stomach ache :-(
I love the costumes! I hope Spencer wasn't too disappointed in no ipods. :-)

Melanie said...

They are ADORABLE! Great costumes.