Monday, July 9, 2007

I'm Back!

I am back from our vacation, and sorry I just kind of disappeared! We had a really good time. We went to a family reunion in Las Vegas, and I saw relatives I hadn't seen in over a decade! We had an auction that was really fun, and I sold a print of the eagle and the daisy painting. After the family reunion my dad had another surgery on his knee. (he had just had a hernia operation a week before.) We were quite busy helping him to recuperate. However we did manage to celebrate the fourth with family and friends, and we made it to the cabin in mammoth creek for the weekend. Here are a few pictures.


Belle, Rose and cousin Lacey, (LaRae's youngest daughter), on the fourth.



Rose and cousin Ryan, (Jared and Katies boy.)

Lots of fun swimming in my parents pool.


This is why I love the cabin. This is the creek that runs behind my parents cabin. It was cool, beautiful, and so fun to watch the birds, and chipmunks eating the seeds my parents leave for them on the deck. The kids really love the cabin. It is always a little sad leaving.




I-15 was closed due to a wild fire that jumped the freeway. So we had to take highway 89, which was about two hours longer, but really beautiful. This was a beautiful sunset, that my camera just doesn't even come close to capturing the real beauty. This was taken from the highway, just beautiful. I wish I would have had more time to visit with old friends in Vegas, but I promise I will find the time soon!!! Great to be back in blogger land! I will be visiting everybody, and catching up on all my reading!















6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to have you back, we missed you!

That pool looks so cool and refreshing.

Sounds your family had a wonderful vacation.

Good to see you!

Janet Patrice said...

sorry we missed each other. I hope to get together sometime before we are 45! =)

Anonymous said...

So glad to have you back! I knew you were in Vegas, so at least I knew you weren't gone for good. Your kids look so cute in these pictures and the pictures on LaRae's blog! Just in the couple months that I've been blogging they have grown. How great that your parents have that cabin where you can all gather. Is that stream close enough that you can hear it from the cabin? I'd love to fall asleep to the sound of a stream (I guess Andrea Bocelli will have to do for now). My parents retired and moved to a cabin in the mountains, but it's a little place just for them so we have to go to Micalanne's to gather.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you were able to get away for awhile. Are you caught up on laundry now that you're back? :-)

The cabin does sound like a fun place to be!

LaRae said...

Glad you're back - I missed you in the blogging world - even though I did get to be with you in person. It is sad to leave the cabin!

Micalanne said...

Welcome back, Dawnae! Boy was it ever hot in Vegas, and Utah, the week of the 4th...The stream at the cabin looks wonderful to cool off in!