Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Happy Birthday Baby Rose

Could it really be that this very day a year ago my doctor was inducing my labor! We were so excited to see our baby girl, Rose Janae Nicholson. I remember when she was being born, and the doctor said, Dawnae she has dark hair, (my first with dark hair). I knew in that moment that she was named after the right person. She has also lived up to her Aunt Janae's reputation as a fussy baby. I will admit however that she is becoming a better baby sleep wise....but already we are starting in on the tantrums!!! I wonder what the next year will bring. I look forward to seeing Rose develop, and turn into the little person she was meant to be. Mommy and Daddy sure do love you baby girl. We are glad you are in our family.

A look at the past year

Your first smile came when you were five weeks. You have really been in a hurry to do things. You crawled at five months, and started to walk at 10 months. You have been a slow grower, very tiny and petite. You have been in the 5th percentile for weight and height. You can still wear some of your 3-6 month clothes! At your 9 month check up you weighed 13 pounds. You are doing so many things now. You know when daddy is on the phone, and you tell him, "ha, da da". You kiss the air when you want something to eat. You love love to climb. You can climb up on mommy's night stand, and have spilled numerous cups of water. You can climb up on the bar stools, and are constantly getting stuck between the chair and the underneath part of the table. You have a lot of spunk...and you don't like it when I won't let you do what you want....like climbing! Your favorite place to play is the fire place. You are a messy, messy eater. It does not matter if you are wearing a bib, your food gets everywhere. You are very loving, and I get the best hugs and kisses from you. My favorite time of the day is when I go in your room to get you from your nap, you have the best little grin on your face. Your favorite food is fruit, especially berries, and you love Gerber pasta pick ups. You love to rough house with Belle, and sometimes you make her cry! You are a really fun little girl to be around. Here are a few of my favorite pictures of my baby girl.





Blessing day

Halloween

Daddy could always get you to sleep

After bath in your bunny towel Aunt Janae gave you

Day after Christmas trying to eat your sisters doll

This picture reminds me so much of when Spencer was this age

Mommy just loves this grin

One Sunday this Spring

What you look like today, May 22, 2007

4 comments:

Janae said...

Wow Rose is one!!! Happy Birthday Rose! I can't even believe it! I love all the darling pictures. I love the bunny towel, and all of Rose's fun grins. She is really changing a lot now. Starting to look grownup, I don't know why but, they all want to do this, grow up that is. I suppose we just have to get in all those baby cuddles we can and try to cherish and remember them.

Anonymous said...

Aww - so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rose!

You are one. Where does time go?
Here's to many more happy birthdays!


Very sweet pics.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday baby rose fun to spend some time with you at the cabin. even tho. rose was a bit out of her comfort zone there. she is a busy busy girl! what a cutie she is! love all the cute pics too. they are so cute! love mom/mam